Sunday, June 19, 2011

Past Mistakes - Prom Dress

While reading Tricia's latest entry, I thought about one of my past mistakes. Wishing that I attempted to have a prom dress let out. I had found a pretty red prom dress from a second hand store. The checkout girl already knew it was for me since she commented on it several times and I had told her.

Checkout Girl "You got to be kidding is that for you"
Most 19 year olds don't go to second hand shops and buy only a prom dress
Me "Yes, it is for Halloween"
I know an over used lie. But it was for Halloween plus every other day I want to wear it.
Checkout Girl  "What do you plan on going as Miss Congeniality?"
Then she brought other employees into the conversation. A guy and the girl. They didn't tease any.
Checkout Girl  "I just can't see why a guy would want were a dress I always hated wearing them."


The conversation was longer but those where the key points that stuck out. The plus side she did knock off a few dollars off the price. About $10 for 10 minutes of embarrassment. Even though very embarrassing while it was happened but felt great reflecting back on it on the ride home. That day I learned prom/formal dress seem to run small and couldn't get it to zip all the way up. I probably should have just tried it on. Since they already knew it was for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your take that a few minutes of embarrassment got you a good deal! Must keep this in mind myself, lol! :)

Alexis said...

Yes light teasing was well worth if that was the case. It could have been something else but their was no sales posted and no problems with the dress.

But it would be nice if getting teased always got you better deals.